Claims Manager Job
Job Title: Claims Manager
Location : Charlotte, NC
Street Address: 6125 Lakeview Drive
- Supervise the investigation, handling and evaluation of auto and general liability claims and litigation matters pending throughout United States
- Direct, manage and control activity of third party administrator with respect to handling of claims/litigation matters.
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials; exercise settlement authority within prescribed levels and ensure appropriate approvals are attained.
- Coordinate reporting, reserving, strategy development and resolution with insurance carrier claim attorneys and personnel when claims exceed company retentions.
- Oversee the intake, insurance notice process and file establishment of all losses. Evaluate and review the establishment of case reserves, ensure that all data systems are kept in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that claims payments are made timely, accurately and recorded properly; approve weekly claims invoices.
- Assume active direction and investigation of serious losses and undertake initial emergency response protocol. Coordinate with local authorities, outside counsel, OSHA and company personnel.
- Prepare for and conduct periodic on-site file reviews and audits at each field location of the TPA; document reserve changes and activity; develop and deliver regular reports to management regarding status, financial activity, and execution of case management strategies.
- Assist field management with the response, investigation and handling of industrial accident.
- Law degree preferred
- Some legal training required
- Professional certification in claims, risk management or adjusters license preferred
- Ability to execute claims management strategy with little or no direction
- 10-15 years claims handling experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Risk Management Info Systems
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. United Rentals, Inc. provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
Back to top