Customer Safety Training Specialist - Trench Job
Job Title: Customer Safety Training Specialist - Trench Safety
Location : Indianapolis, IN
Street Address: 1725 Wales Avenue
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Customer Training Specialist to support our Mid-CentralTrench Safety District (IN, MI,OH, TN, PA).
- Schedule and and lead classroom training for competent persons in excavation safety and confined space entry. Safety training may also include OSHA 10 OSHA 30, Flagger Training, and other classes that meet customer safety training needs. In this sales support role, you would be working with Region Product Development Mangers, District Managers, Branch Managers and local sales reps who promote our safety training programs.
- Prepare and organize training materials and manuals, etc. to ensure training presentation is delivered with quality and delivered professionally to gaint he highest customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the online registration process for classes and ensure class slots are filled to maximize customer participation and associated revenue
- Work with local branch managers and local sales teams to identify key and other accounts to drive customer training revenue, with a focus on YOY incremental revenue growth and new account training revenue opportunities
- Educate Sales Managers, Branch Managers, Outside Sales Reps, and Region Product Development Managers on training revenue opportunities and drive them to increase training revenue;
- Coordinate the online evaluation survey of customers for all classes delivered; document feedback and work with Region Training Director to improve on any areas; maintain records of classes delivered, attendees, customers, and revenue generated
- Improve delivery of programs based on survey results
- Maintain proper and up to date Training credentials, OSHA certificates, etc
Minimum requirements include the following:
- Bachelor Degree Preferred; OSHA 500 Certificate possessed or pending receipt
- 3 plus years field safety training experience, or OSHA compliance officer experience related to Trench Safety and Confined Space, and related field experience
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Some sales experience preferred, ability to effectively communicate with customers at all levels and internal sales reps;
- Proficient in the OSHA Excavation Standard 1926 Subpart P and Confined Space 1910
- Solid platform training and presentation skills
- Knowledge and ability to deliver effective training in classroom, Train-The-Trainer, Safety Meetings/Tool-Box-Talks etc...
- Superior public speaking and communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills to drive field behaviors;
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and/or other CRM Sales technology tools to drive customer training;
- Strong PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, & Project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel within assigned territory approximately 85% to deliver classes, meet with customers
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Back to top