Division Safety Trainer Job
Job Title: Division Safety Trainer
Location : Myrtle Beach, SC
Street Address: 729 Jason Boulevard
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Division Safety Trainer based out of Myrtle Beach, SC who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ensures the provision of effective safety training for customers that generates revenue through the company's value proposition. Develops customized safety training courses for key customers. Schedules, conducts, and monitors Division safety training programs.
Customer Safety Training
* On customer's site, trains customer's employees on required safety training programs and other safety training as necessary.
* Provides expertise on Safety training requirements based on customer account.
* Conducts train-the-trainer sessions on safety training programs for delivery to equipment operators; courses include but are not limited to Combo Forklift, Backhoe, Skid Steer, and Excavator/Mini Excavator. Conducts and coordinates instructor and operator training for customer's employees; courses include but are not limited to MSHA, Red Cross First Aid, Counterbalanced Forklift, Loader, Dozer, Excavator, Boom Lift, Scissor Lift, and Fall Protection.
Internal Safety Training
* Trains United Rentals employees as trainers for various safety courses, ensuring adequate trainers are in place throughout each District in the Region and Division.
* Provides Division training support when needed to internal instructor trainees, branch employees and equipment operators.
* Maintains internal training network.
Customer Qualification Process
* Works with our sales, marketing and operations functions to support the customer-facing Safety requirements and meet with customers to actively communicate programs and progress of objectives. Proposes customized training packages based on unique needs of each customer.
* Bachelor's Degree or a combination of college and related work experience required.
* In select markets, bilingual (Spanish) required or preferred.
* Minimum of two years of experience in conducting safety training for equipment operators required. Experience conducting train-the-trainer programs is preferred.
* Safety experience or formal safety education preferred
* Demonstrated mastery of a company safety training program and content delivery is required.
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Provincial occupational safety regulations including OSHA, FAA, MSHA, EPA and health standards such as ANSI, NFPA, NEC and other non-regulatory safety codes and standards required.
* Knowledge of MSHA requirements with associated training programs such as Aerial Work Platforms, Forklifts (Powered Industrial Trucks) as well as New Miner, Annual Refresher and Task Training as required.
* Team facilitation skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional settings. Must be a strong team player with the ability to organize, prioritize, handle time constraints and manage shifting priorities.Demonstrated mastery of Sales skills such as selling value over price and selling the value of training to our internal sales force and potential customers.
* Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Valid driver's license is required
* Travel approximately 70% of the time
* May need to lift over 20 lbs at times
* Knowledge of Saleforce.com preferred, but not required
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top