Divisional Finance Manager Job
Job Title: Mgr, Division Finance-East Division
Location : Charlotte, NC
Street Address: 6125 Lakeview Drive
Contributing to the financial results for a multi-billion dollar, multi-national company, the Division Finance Manager serves in an advisory capacity to the division management in achieving long-term goals. Under the direction of the Division Finance Director, the DFM will focus on a financial specialization such as Revenue Management, Contractor Supplies, or Asset/Fleet Management to identify opportunities in achieving optimal financial performance. The DFM plays a key role in conducting financial training for branch managers and other branch personnel. Also, partner with district and branch management in interpreting financial data and identifying corrective actions to achieve desired results.
Support operational excellence throughout the region:
- Partner with region platform disciplines as appropriate to drive business results in area of specialization.
- Foster implementation and distribution of financial best practices through field training and proactive and timely communication with district and branch managers.
- Provide recommendations for implementation of controls and/or system enhancements to drive financial excellence.
- Manage and mentor Division Finance Analysts in analyzing, interpreting and summarizing financial and business metric results.
Provide strategic guidance in evaluating financial results:
- Monitor, analyze and interpret financial results and business metrics in area of specialization (i.e., rates, 30/30, time utilization, sales/margin, fleet mix).
- Assess value to business by discounted cash flow models, financial statements, accretion/dilution analysis and other analytical tools.
- Proactively partner with field management in identifying opportunities and barriers for operational success, and make recommendations for corrective actions.
Support implementation of strategic objectives:
- Provide guidance and input to MORs, planning and forecasting process.
- Monitor and track achievement of strategic objectives and initiative goals.
- Prepare summary of research/trend analysis, models and plans and report findings to management, noting recommendations and insights.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance is required. CPA, MBA, CFA, CMA, CGA or CA is strongly preferred.
Experience: 4-7 years of consulting, accounting or finance experience.
Other Skills Required:
- Must possess excellent PC skills (MS Office including advanced Excel skills), superior communication skills (oral and written) and project management skills.
- Success in a consultative role, i.e., proven ability to influence without authority.
- Motivated and self-directed; ability to work independently.
Working Conditions: Office environment; 40% travel expected.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top