Engineer - Research & Development Job
Job Title: Engineer, Research & Development
Location : Seattle, WA
Street Address: 7135 8th Avenue South
Responsible for scoping and delivering large projects that involve multiple vendors and partners end-to-end, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the product launch. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market vs. functionality, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to distill multiple options into a manageable list that can be easily digested and discussed.
Responsible for establishing processes and procedures to be followed as the organization grows over time.
- Defines requirements for products, researches the potential ways to meet the requirements, and reviews vendors and partners delivered solutions to ensure they meet the specified requirements.
- Planning/coordinating. Ensures vendors and partners are on schedule and communicating effectively.
- Visit customers, vendors, and partners.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Experience managing technical projects
- Experience delivering completed technical products to customers in a production environment
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Experience designing electronics components
- Experience developing software
- Experience developing embedded firmware
- Experience using project management software such as Microsoft Project
- Experience in the construction or industrial equipment industry a plus
Other Skills Required:
- Experience with office software such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to effectively work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively work with customers and sales representatives to conceptually plan and negotiate solutions;
- Strong organizational skills and fine attention to detail;
- Strong business acumen
- Effective Communication
Working Conditions: Primarily office. Occasional travel to sites.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Back to top