Intern - Accounting Job
Job Title: Intern-Accounting
Location : Stamford, CT
Street Address: 100 First Stamford Place
As an Intern at United Rentals, you will support the Corporate Accounting Department. It's a role for an ambitious student who has an interest in learning and growing their skills in a corporate accounting environment.
If you would enjoy the advantage of learning from the world's largest equipment rental provider with over $13 billion in assets, consider United Rentals.
- Support the efforts related to the adoption of the new leasing standards
- Become familiar with our third party lease administration software as well as with the standard format and terms of our leases.
- Perform detailed analysis of leases to extract information needed
- Organize data in preparation for software solution
- Assist the Corporate Accounting Department in the analysis and testing of software
- Assist in preparing presentations of the results and analysis and the related impact to our company.
- Participation in departmental and cross-functional meetings related to the adoption of new leasing standards.
- Current university or college student in accounting or finance (preferably a 5th year master's student)
- Prior accounting coursework
- Ability to manage multi priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Confidence to deal with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
Build your career with the industry leader
United Rentals is three times the size of any other rental equipment provider, with 900+ locations in 49 states and 10 Canadian provinces. With multiple career paths and the kind of momentum that creates an ongoing need for talent, we can provide the potential for you to grow your career quickly. We offer customized and robust training programs, a friendly culture where everyone is respected, a strong commitment to safety and a variety of programs to support the communities where we live and work. We're a great place to work...and to grow.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top