Manager in Training Job
Job Title: Manager In Training
Location : Portland, OR
Street Address: 5111 Northeast 82nd Avenue
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Manager in Training who is ready to grow their career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals for management training in a branch that is dedicated to meeting the underground equipment rental and supply needs of our customers; including contractor companies, non-building, industrial and commercial building contractors. The Manager in Training will be assigned to a branch or multiple branches and will learn all aspects of branch operations and business planning. The Manager in Training will be expected to relocate (with assistance) to an available branch management position within the assigned district or region. The Manager in Training will be exposed to all areas of business operation such as customer service, sales and marketing, management and human resources. Responsibilities will include:
* Demonstrating superior customer service skills; implementing effective retail displays and branch marketing efforts
* Assisting the Branch Manager in the preparation of monthly profit and loss statements and yearly budgets
* Learning to utilize internal reporting tools to optimize branch financial performance
* Supervising facility inspection, inventory and fleet maintenance for rental ready status
* Coordinating activities between branch departments to optimize productivity
* Manage personnel matters as directed by Branch Manager
* Ensure workplace safety; by supporting the Branch Manager in overseeing safety matters and compliance audits including: personnel safety training, OSHA compliance, DOT regulation and manage drug and alcohol testing.
Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Branch Manager.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. To be qualified, the ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years business management experience, strong sales and operational experience, and an understanding of business accounting principles, including budget preparation. Diligent attention to safety is required as is certification in "Competent Person Training" and "Confined Space Training" and the "IVES forklift." Knowledge of the construction equipment rental industry and working knowledge of Trench Safety or Pump Power, and HVAC related products is preferred. We also look for individuals with strong motivational and leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, and computer skills. A Bachelors degree is required.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top