United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for an Operations Supervisor ready to grow their career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to direct the supervision of the branch to ensure its smooth operation and profitability. This role will also be responsible for ensuring safety and Rental Flow efficiency, while contributing world-class sales and customer service support. Operations Supervisors work closely with the Branch Manager and are responsible for:
* Support Branch Manager in implementing actions to achieve financial objectives including revenue.
* Assist the Branch Manager in promoting an effective control environment by ensuring compliance with all company policies (including Branch Control Checklist) and maintaining the highest integrity and ethical standards.
* Support all aspects of sales and customer service to ensure world class service and operational excellence, including processing rental quotations, reservations and contracts in compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Establish new accounts and revive dormant accounts by determining customer needs and offering customer-centric solutions drawing from the full range of value-added offerings
* Maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency by ensuring that staff is trained and compliant with the Rental Flow Process; drive profitability by monitoring and controlling costs.
* May be responsible for day-to-day operational activities including opening and closing, cash drawer reconciliation and bank deposit, and others.
* Assist Branch Manager with implementation of new operational strategies and programs at the branch.
* Support, communicate and ensure compliance with all federal/state/local regulations within the assigned area.
* All other duties as assigned by Branch Manager. Responsible for performance management of direct staff including Inside Sales Reps, Drivers, and other staff as applicable. Provide leadership and supervision needed to consistently deliver world-class service to customers.
* Motivate, coach and train personnel.
* Responsible for employee communication and satisfaction, ensure compliance with processes and policies and provide guidance and coaching where needed.
* As assigned, schedule personnel and maintain accurate and up-to-date time & attendance records.
* Responsible for helping to resolve issues where staff needs assistance -- following the established escalation process.
* As needed, coordinate new hire on-boarding and employee on-going training.
* Where applicable, maintain productive labor relations with union steward and ensure compliance with labor agreement in force.
* Provide regular performance feedback. Reward and recognize employees to reinforce positive behaviors. Promptly develop and present individualized Performance Improvement Plans as needed. Promote a culture of safety and discipline through leadership, exemplary personal compliance, accountability and communication.
* Aggressively promote, communicate, and implement all corporate, region and area safety objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure total compliance throughout all facility. Prompt incident/accident/near-miss investigations and resolution. Hold all associates and employees accountable for compliance and prevention.
- Collaborate with all Safety officials and corporate risk management to ensure the support of prescribed safety programs, including audits, safety training, OSHA compliance, and DOT regulations.
- Responsible for aggressive and continuous performance improvement in injury recordable rate and near-miss reporting.
- Ensure all employees continually maintain all required operator/IVES certifications and licenses.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of office, shop, yard, and common areas.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. To be qualified, the ideal candidate should have 3+ years of sales or business management experience and basic knowledge of the construction rental equipment or related industry. Candidate should also have 2+ year of supervision and leadership experience. An understanding of accounting and P&L concepts is perferred. We also require strong motivational and leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, and basic computer skills. A high school diploma and valid driver's license with a clean driving record are required and a Bachelor's Degree is preferred. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.