Outside Sales Representative Job
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
Location : Hayward, CA
Street Address: 4125 Breakwater Avenue
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an exciting opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative to join our Trench Safety branch in Hayward, CA. We are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ready to increase revenue for the branch through exceptional customer service and sales initiative. This position is dedicated to underground trench safety equipment rental and supply needs; customers include contractor companies, non-building, industrial and commercial building contractors. The Sales Representative will report to the Branch Manager and will be instrumental in achieving the branch business plan through profitable revenue generation.
Additional Responsibilities Include
* Increase sales and branch revenue
* Establishing new rental and sales accounts through cold calling and personal visits to potential customer sites
* Offering a full range of products and services to new and current customers, including other specialty product lines and the sale or rental of equipment
* Coordinating with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction
* Complete and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports as assigned
* Educating customers about equipment through demonstration.
* Instruct "Competent Person Training" and "Confined Space Training" classes
Sales Representatives receive a base salary, an initial fixed monthly payment during a 6 month training and onboarding period, Company vehicle, and subsequently a monthly commission incentive plan with no earning ceiling.
During the training and onboarding period, sales representatives will orient to the Company's culture, acquire a complete understanding of Trench Safety products and applications, the trench safety total value proposition, and our Region and Company's sales process. We provide our sales representatives with the top sales technology tools, including saleforce.com and I-phone sales applications, giving them the resources to succeed. United Rentals invests in their employees through on-going training and development to enhance their skills and performance. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Sales Manager and other key account sales positions.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate.
Minimum requirements include:
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred.
* 3 years sales experience, strong planning problem-solving and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and proficient computer skills.
* Diligent attention to safety is required as is certification in "Competent Person Training" and "Confined Space Training."
* Knowledge of construction, trench safety or related equipment is preferred; however, candidates with comparable industry experience, a strong sales acumen and record of achievement will also be considered.
* We also look for candidates who are independent and possess strong teamwork and organizational skills.
* A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top