Product Marketing Manager - Advanced Solutions Job
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager, Advanced Solutions
Location : Austin, TX
Street Address: 3506 Chapman Lane
With the Evolution of IoT connected workplace becoming a reality in construction and industrial environments, United Rentals is poised to transform the economics of its customers. We are looking for ways to incubate and integrate these new data-driven, IoT-enabled technologies into our portfolio, especially in areas where we can create autonomous capability that improves customer safety and productivity. As an operating group that is essentially a start-up within UR, we are looking for people with an entrepreneurial mindset to bring these technologies into the markets we serve. Specifically, we are building a solution roadmap that mainstreams autonomous solutions into customer environments, and delivers this new capability as-a-service that will truly differentiate United Rentals in the market.
This position manages Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) product and solution roadmap and plans the execution, enablement, and communications with respect to its various programs. It ensures products and solutions incorporate game-changing technology and can deliver simple, scalable, and reliable solutions into the physical environments of the customers we serve. The position also assists management to ensure the Advanced Solutions program delivers the expected service and financial benefit to the company.
Advanced Solutions Product management
- Establish and maintain a process to drive Product roadmap and readiness schedule for each of the ASG solution areas, including offer development, marketing, monetization, billing and service components.
- Conducts market research, customer needs, and competitive analysis to determine best strategy for each solution area
- Implements and manages a phased review process and criteria to manage portfolio investments, as well as launch readiness
- Develops forecast, by route to market, for each solution
- Works with internal employees and/or contractors to establish and maintains a program supporting the URI Operations team implementing the Advanced Solutions program across all routes to market.
- Plan the field introduction, and training & enablement of new technologies through the Advanced Solutions Roadmap to appropriate channel sales teams.
- Work closely with field sales and account managers to increase knowledge, promote awareness and value proposition of ASG Solutions, and look for cross-sell or up-sell opportunities to drive new revenue sources
Advanced Solutions Project to Program Planning
- Facilitate and create and define sustainable, repeatable business process to move Advanced Solutions projects into fully functioning programs integrated into the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Working directly with key project resources and vendors to develop, update and monitor program plans and timelines
- Conduct regular status meetings with the program sub teams to identify issues and take corrective actions on timing, scope and costs at appropriate interval
- Strengthen employee understanding of the Program, opportunities, goals and objectives by developing consistent, effective internal communications programs.
- Accelerate employees' and managers' acquisition of knowledge and tools necessary to implement in the field.
- Provide exposure for and recognition to key field contributors
- Document and share best practices and solutions across operations and departments.
Advanced Solutions communications
- Determine methods for monitoring and communicating effectiveness of program and internal communications, and customer-facing presentations and event content
- Establish regular communications program outlining new and proposed Advanced Solutions features and enhancements.
- Work with SME's, making recommendations on design, content, format of deliverables.
- Conceive, draft and recommend internal marketing campaigns including websites, videos, newsletter articles, and other multi-media outlets.
- Responsible for the compilation, distribution and presentations of scorecard reports related to program.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; degree in marketing, or business preferred; project management certification helpful.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management role, technology hardware or software background required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of new product introduction processes and requirements.
- Proven success with program-level marketing & project management.
- Proven ability to implement comprehensive launch and communications programs and project plans to support business and financial goals and objectives or a product or solution area.
- Experience in development, implementation, successful execution of plans to generate new business in targeted market segments and prospects, including track record of launching new products.
- Working knowledge of existing products and applications and how they are used in the rental market
- A strong record of building alignment in cross-functional teams
- Track record of success and ability to evaluate and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment, and developing effective metrics for measuring program performance.
- Early- or mid-phase startup experience ideal
Other Skills Required:
- Analytical with project management and planning skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset -- creative problem solving
- Independent and possess strong research and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- High level MS-Office computer skills with excellent excel, PPT skills. Intermediate desktop publishing and webpage design skills also a must.
- Strategic selling and advanced negotiation and customer service knowledge
- Understanding of business accounting principles and budget preparation; business acumen
- Proficiency with SFDC, Dodge, PEC or other CRM software
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top