Sales Associate - Sales Development Program Job
Job Title: Sales Development Program Sales Associate
Location : Scottsdale, AZ
Street Address: 6929 E. Greenway Pkwy #200
Kick-start your sales career with a Fortune 500 company!
Check out our video highlighting our Sales Development Training Program: http://bit.ly/URSDPPost
Whether you're looking to start your career in sales or switch to it, United Rentals, a Fortune & S&P 500 company, provides a comprehensive Sales development program that enables our reps to succeed and WIN as an Outside Sales Rep. We provide you with the resources, tools and knowledge you need to succeed, all leading to greater career growth opportunities.
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Sales Associate ready to grow their sales career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ready to support the increase of revenue through exceptional customer service and sales initiative. The Sales Associate will report to the Sales Supervisor and will be instrumental in supporting the business plan through profitable revenue generation.
The Sales Associate's primary responsibility is to learn all aspects of our sales processes, go to market strategy and branch operational procedures. This is accomplished by a comprehensive sales training program around territory coverage, persuasive selling, handling objections and product & SF.com knowledge. You will also receive on going side-by-side exposure of the branch's operating staff and procedures. Ultimately this comprehensive development program will develop the proper skills, knowledge and experience necessary for promotion into the Outside Sales Representative position
Under direction of the Sales Supervisor, and in concert with Sales Representatives:
- Qualify and quantify the needs of our existing customer base by utilizing our CRM program, SalesForce.com, and persuasive selling techniques.
- Aligned with our Outside Sales team to set up face to face meetings or deliver on immediate customer requests over the phone providing a seamless experience for our customers.
- Responsible for driving overall Active Customer Growth, Used Sales and YoY Rental Revenue Growth for assigned Book of Business
- Validate and Collect primary decision maker's contact information and customer needs for use on future sales and marketing campaigns
- Leverage marketing & Sales tools to identify and sell New Customers, recover declining & dormant customers via our sales tools and comprehensive United Rentals value proposition.
Support & learn about branch operations:
- Learn accurate use of United Rentals' IT systems for quotes, rental, sales, reservations, territory management.
- Coordinate with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction; and communicate field issues to branch personnel.
- Work with ISR's to provide solutions to customers around equipment needs assessment, training, demonstrations, quotations, catalogs, credit apps.
- Negotiate prices on equipment rentals and sales in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
Support corporate, region and local Growth Programs:
- In conjunction with Marketing, coordinate local sales and marketing campaigns to drive higher market penetration and increase active customer base.
- Drive customer engagement to local events/promotions.
Perform duties as assigned by management.
The Sales Development Programs are located in Charlotte, North Carolina and Phoenix, Arizona. Upon successfully completion of the development programs, candidates may relocate to the preferred areas of their choosing based on open job availability. United Rentals offers an excellent compensation and benefits package along with relocation assistance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have 6 months of inside sales or operations management experience, or one year experience in a sales related role.
- Proven planning, problem-solving and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and proficient computer skills.
- Proven presentation skills and demonstrate effective sales orientation. We also look for candidates who are independent and possess strong teamwork and organizational skills.
- Ability to relocate strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top