Senior Process Engineer Job
Job Title: Sr. Process Engineer
Location : La Porte, TX
Street Address: 8221 Highway 225
The Sr. Process Engineering Solutions-Power/HVAC (Region Product Development Manager) acts as a process engineering subject matter expert for the PHVAC Region, for engineering solutions for customers primarily in industrial markets, including chemical plants, oil and gas downstream production facilities, refineries, and other industrial entities. By providing these solutions, using engineering expertise, customers will improve plant operations and increase production efficiency. Working closely with customers, PHVAC OSRs, NAMs, SAMs and other Company business units, the RPDM-Sr. Process Engineering, will drive profitable revenue for the region and Company.
- Professional Engineering Certification or equivalent combination of experience and education
- PE or comparable experience in PHVAC Process Engineering and Project Management;
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical engineering preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of technical rental sales experience in the Power/HVAC product/services line with focus on Process Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years of sales supervisory experience, with ability to effectively train, motivate and influence all levels of the sales/management organization
- Firm working knowledge of existing Power and HVAC products and applications and how they are used in the industrial markets;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all new Power/HVAC products and technologies being developed and implemented in the marketplace with respect to process engineered solutions. and the opportunities available for Power/HVAC market expansion in the rental industry.
Must possess the following skills:
- Strategic selling and advanced negotiation and customer service skills;
- Understanding of business accounting principles and budget preparation; business acumen
- Strong Engineering/mechanical aptitude in process engineering; Ability to properly spec, quote, install and maintain large projects
- Skilled communicator-written and verbal.
- Proficiency with SFDC, Dodge, PEC or other CRM software; Proficiency with MS Office (specifically Word, and Excel
- Possesses the following additional competencies: leadership, strategic thinking, trade area cooperation and teamwork skills.
- Up to 60% overnight travel required
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all new Power/HVAC products and technologies being developed and implemented in the marketplace with respect to process engineered solutions.
**Preferred for candidate to be based out of Gulf Region but will consider other locations
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top