Trench Safety Senior Engineer Job
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Trench Safety
Location : Greensboro, NC
Street Address: 7B Oak Branch Drive
The Sr. Engineer is a licensed professional engineer responsible for the engineering support of multiple profit centers within the Trench Safety Division. This position is dedicated to meeting the Trench Safety engineering needs of contractors, industrial and commercial companies, and in doing so, drives profitable engineering revenue for the Division and Company.
- For existing and new customer contractors, create shoring, shielding, and other structural support systems for site-specific trench and excavation projects. This position provides sealed/stamped site specific plans including trench/excavation shoring design drawings and supporting calculations throughout assigned locations.
- Provide engineering consultation to sales representatives on projects;
- Evaluate site conditions and design safe, effective, and structurally-sound shoring systems that promote jobsite efficiency and practicality in the field;
- Ensure engineering drawings and plans are accurate and meet applicable engineering design standards and Federal State specific OSHA requirements;
- Assess problems that arise during field installation and recommend corrective actions;
- Provide plans in a timely manner to branches and customers to maintain customer revenue and positive relationships;
- Estimate project costs and prepare proposals for customers. The incumbent establishes the original sales price for the site-specific design and provides the salesperson and selling branch with the proposal and copies of the plan as required throughout the assigned locations.
- Obtain and/or maintain current NCEES record for the purpose of securing professional licenses in multiple states. Ensure that company Certificates of Authorization for performing engineering services are secured. Maintain the engineering licenses and certificates required to service multi-state engineering needs.
- Educate as necessary and provide engineering support to Trench Safety sales representatives in providing quotes to customers. Provide other engineering support to the region vice-president, district managers and branch managers as required. Take the required CPD hours for maintaining licenses
- Professional Engineering (PE) designation; Civil PE registration in the state of California is desired.
- B. S. in mechanical, structural or civil engineering, or related engineering field.
- Familiarity with AISC ASD or LRFD.
- Familiarity with basic structural engineering analysis and design standards
- Familiarity with basic soil properties, testing procedures, and interpretation of geotechnical data
- 5-10 years experience as a licensed engineer in a structural or geotechnical engineering environment
- Proficient in the the OSHA Excavation Standard 1926 Subpart P. and related standards; Experience with Autocad, Mathcad, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to effectively work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively work with customers and sales representatives to conceptually plan and negotiate shoring system designs;
- Must be able to set up computer and printers and install engineering software.
- Strong organizational skills and fine attention to detail;
- Strong business acumen
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top